To enhance our community by providing outstanding services, parks and facilities through environmental, social and financial stewardship
To be recognized as a national leader in delivering innovative park and recreation services based on responsiveness, trust and accountability to our community
Our Guiding Principles
Building Strong Relationships and Community
- We recognize the positive impact we have on people’s lives and constantly strive to improve the quality of life for the people we serve.
- We build meaningful and lasting relationships based on strong values,
a common purpose and mutual respect.
- We value diversity and actively seek people with different perspectives and experiences.
- We support achieving balance in our professional and personal lives.
Honesty and Integrity
- We maintain the highest ethical standards.
- We communicate honestly and transparently.
Accountability and Respect
- We strive to deliver results that add value to the community we serve.
- We recognize that each of us has a choice in what we do and how we do it.
- We learn from our mistakes and focus on continuous improvement.
Professional Growth and Innovation
- We support efforts that will enhance, educate and develop our employees.
- We encourage creativity and innovation.
- We appreciate that all of us are more effective than any one of us.
- We encourage collaboration and collective problem solving.
- We create an integrated organization free of boundaries.
- We embrace the diversity of our team.
- We believe our efforts make a difference as stewards of our community.
- We recognize that being good is simply not good enough.