Trails & Walkways
The Northbrook Park District provides marked trails that are peaceful settings for walking, running or bicycling. Walking is easy – a natural form of exercise – with many health benefits. Here’s what a walk in the park can do for you:
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce your risk of stroke
- Manage your weight
- Improve your mood
- Keep you strong and fit
- Allow you to connect with others
Studies also show that walkers have lower rates of cancer.
The trails and walkways provide a chance to step aside from the daily routine and enjoy the scenery and fresh air.
- Wescott Park at 1820 Western Avenue, 0.13 miles.
- Indian Ridge Park at 3323 Walters Avenue, 0.15 miles.
- Greenview Park at 2407 Greenview Road, 0.20 miles.
- Village Green at Shermer and Meadow Road, 0.22 miles.
- Coast Guard Park at 2490 Dundee Road, 0.25 miles.
- Williamsburg Square Park at 200 Lee Road, 0.32 miles.
- West Park at 1730 Pfingsten Road, 0.36 miles.
- Trail Through Time in Techny Prairie Park and Fields at 1750 Techny Road, 0.50 miles.
- Wood Oaks Green at 1150 Sanders Road, 1.25 miles.
- Techny Prairie Park and Fields at 1750 Techny Road, 2.35 miles.
Click here for map.